Sunday, March 30, 2008

"Bluetooth Marketing"

There is no doubt that I frequently write about my smartphone. I'm constantly looking for new ways to "push it" to do new things.

The other day while surfing I stumbled across this company Proximity Media. They do "locaton based bluetooth marketing". I love the concept...you walk by a Starbucks and 'boom'...there's the latte coupon! They claim their technology works up to 100+ meters....not bad.

This is the ultimate example of micro-targeting advertisting that is trackable. A great concept that should surely be embraced by the music industry and any other large retail chains.

Following in the new media footsteps CBS just announced a deal with social network LOOPT. Check out the story here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Michael,

Bluetooth Marketing is definitely something we are trying to sell into our new experiential campaigns. Another great resource for more information about this type of marketing are my friends at Coolfire Media in St. Louis. Great client centric Midwest agency and they love to share their in-field results on Bluetooth, plus they are willing to try anything!

www.AlternativeMarketing101Blog.com